Brisket for $1.49

I've been cooking a lot of those lately Voodochild! They are usually $1 more than HEB select and worth it, IMO. But for $1.49, I can be happy with a select. It helps keep your skills honed to cook select from time to time, you know. :)

I wish we could find anything here besides select. We're paying more for select than you guys are paying for prime. :eek:hwell:

I've been cooking a lot of those lately Voodochild! They are usually $1 more than HEB select and worth it, IMO. But for $1.49, I can be happy with a select. It helps keep your skills honed to cook select from time to time, you know. :)
Yessir ! Im on the same page with ya ..If Costco doesnt have anything this is my Go to at Smart and Final....Not a Big diff In Price and Most of the time to be Honest I dont really see a big difference after its cooked !This was in my freezer

Couldn't find those $1.49 a pound briskets at my HEB today. I'm gonna go back at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow and see what's up then.

Picked up 2 select packers @ 1.49 lb today at HEB. Also bought a prime packer @ 2.99 lb today. Life is good :)

I'm gonna look for primes tomorrow. Just made room for 2-3 in the freezer.

That's just not fair! :boxing:

I'm farking moving to Tx! Buy a gun, eat cheap meat, drink cheap beer, live happily ever after! :hand:

And yes, God bless Texas!

When HEB has these type of sales I always sift through the briskets.

Many times I've found Choice when Select are supposed to be the ones on sale.

I've heard that when the demand is so great they just throw whatever they have into the bin.

Your mileage may vary.

Went to HEB tonight. The briskets were $1.76 and full spares were $1.25. I passed on the briskets but got several racks.

Here's what I know:

1. We don't have HEB in Missouri.

2. Texans consistently piss me off with the beef deals they get at HEB.

Tried another heb. $3.37 for prime but they were all 17lbs or bigger.

Back