Brisket Flats

King Kullen in Bay Shore off Sunrise. I spoke with the butcher and he brought out a 13# packer in cryovac. Nice piece of meat. Trimming is a bit extra but it might be worth it if you are not familiar with the cut.

I would try a local King Kullen.

I think it was less than $2 per pound but I can't remember.

My Experience with COSTCO is that they have packers in cryo in the back, but you need to ask for them at the butcher counter. I'm not in NY, but I've found pakers in COSTCO's around the country.

In regards to cooking them, I separate the flat from the point when the flat is done. I then put the point back in for 3 to 4 more hours so that I can cube it to make burnt ends. If you are cooking the point and flat together without separating them at some time in the cooking process, and trying to get both nice slices from the flat and a properly cooked point for burnt ends, it's not gonna happen.

Here's a 12# packer from COSTCO:

Attachments

• bbq cook.jpg
    bbq cook.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 38
BigBarry said:
King Kullen in Bay Shore off Sunrise. I spoke with the butcher and he brought out a 13# packer in cryovac. Nice piece of meat. Trimming is a bit extra but it might be worth it if you are not familiar with the cut.

I would try a local King Kullen.

I think it was less than $2 per pound but I can't remember.

Thanks Big Barry, I will check it out.

Les

Back