Brisket and Sirloin? pron

DMDon

Full Fledged Farker
My boss at works, who raises Angus on the side asked me to smoke a brisket for him. I said sure. He brings me two packages of meat and says the larger one is for me, for my time. Both packages say brisket on them. I trimed up the smaller one first and it was definately a brisket. When I open the second it doesn't look like any brisket I've ever seen. After trimming it up and looking through cuts of beef on line, my best guess it that it is a sirloin and tri-tip, but I'm not sure what the round cut is. The brisket turn out fine, he wants to slice it for sandwiches. I cooked the other 3 pieces up to 140 and then put them in a foil pan with beer and took them up to 152 and decided tehy were done. Any ideas what the round cut is?

Attachments

• sept 27 1.jpg
    sept 27 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 176
  • sept 27 2.jpg
    sept 27 2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 170
  • sept 27 3.jpg
    sept 27 3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 169
  • sept 27 4.jpg
    sept 27 4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 169
I cut into all 3 pieces and they were very juisy and have a nice smoke ring. Overall pretty happy with the way they turned out. the neighbor sure loved it. This was my first cook in my Country Smoker whole hog, I guess i'll keep it.

Attachments

• sept 27 5.jpg
    sept 27 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 165
  • sept 27 6.jpg
    sept 27 6.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 164
  • sept 27 7.jpg
    sept 27 7.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 162
How was the hog in terms of temp control?
About how many lbs of pellets did it go through?
How long did it take to do the brisket?
Is any of that grub coming to the Royal for us to eat on Saturday?

brisket look good I think the round one is an eye of round I cook 2 of them a couple of weeks ago. My dad was a bucher he always said what didnt come out in one piece it came out in something else.

Back