Brisket, 26.75 OGT & Home made lump

Looks great. How would you describe the flavors of the blackops rub? Tried some of the oakridge rubs and they need a little extra salt for my taste. This is a good thing as you can always add salt if needed.

Good looking, might have to try a hot and fast on my kettle. What temp did you pull it off?

Wrapped in BP after 4 hours IT @180*, probe tender at 6 hours 15 minutes IT @210*. Average temp 315*. I've learned to cook by look and feel and just use time and temp as a guide, thanks to Bludawg for the tutoring.

Looks great. How would you describe the flavors of the blackops rub? Tried some of the oakridge rubs and they need a little extra salt for my taste. This is a good thing as you can always add salt if needed.

A good taste of chilis and maybe garlic compared to my traditional S&P rub but good and I agree a little extra salt would have made it better, at least for me.

Wow great lookin briskey my friend!
But wouldn't expect any less, glad to hear the lump is wokin so well for you.

If you can get around to making your own lump, you will love it. The extra expanded metal insert worked great at the end there was very little fine ash and what didn't burn will probably be enough to sear a few burgers - very little waste.I like store bought lump too, but I'm convinced the home made is giving me a much more consistent density and size of the lump.

Back