Brioche Crostini on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
What to do with leftover Brioche buns I made a few days back? The birds are NOT getting them. I am not a fan of food waste, especially these days.

Either croutons or better yet, Crostini. But I don't want to heat up the house by using the oven so we'll see how well the Blackstone does with these. Another first time experiment.

Slice 'em up -

6ykCsdL.jpg

Some Basil EVOO and Rosemary will get used somewhere -

pzMPAuI.jpg

One tray brushed with melted butter, crushed Rosemary and grated Parmesan. The other got EVOO, Weber Veggie seasoning and the Cotija cheese.

iocKzVw.jpg

tn1X6A4.jpg

Let's see how the Blackstone does with these. At its lowest setting, they're looking darn good after a few minutes -

PKJJHLK.jpg

zfcsKeI.jpg

Plate 'em up!

lPvL67r.jpg

Dipping sauce consisted of Basil EVOO, Peach Balsamic, fresh Basil, S&P -

8T1TwDW.jpg

An easy to put together Summer appetizer -

hoG0EvM.jpg

What we didn't eat will now get turned into croutons.

There you have it. I proved to myself that I can make Crostini on the Blackstone much faster than I can in the oven. With the excellent contact with the griddle surface it toasts up real nice and comes out so much better than it would using the oven.

Thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

I would probably eat myself sick on those. That looks delicious! You gave me a new idea for cooking on my new one, thanks!

Now that's crostini done right, Dom! The fresh basil added to the dip is the perfect touch!

Back