THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

Joe Grod

Hello, I'm new to this site, but have been smoking on an old Brinkmann Pitmaster Deluxe for a bunch of years. I recently bought my son a "Smoke and Pit" but after putting it together, we are not happy with the "designed" gap between the cover and lower half of the barrel.
I know that some fellow smokers have purchased this version of the Brinkmann smoker and have made mods to these units. Would appreciate some advice or a link to these mods, thanks.

Joe:sad:

HIghtemp RTV (the red stuff) grease up the edge of the Fire box. Put a bead on the lid close it up and put a weight in the handle leave it for a day. Remove the weight open the door and trim any excess. Or you could return it to the store and buy a Chargriller Outlaw and not have that issue.

HIghtemp RTV (the red stuff) grease up the edge of the Fire box. Put a bead on the lid close it up and put a weight in the handle leave it for a day. Remove the weight open the door and trim any excess. Or you could return it to the store and buy a Chargriller Outlaw and not have that issue.

Thanks, sounds like the stuff I use when changing water pump or thermostat on one of my Cherokees. I'm looking to address the gap between the cover and barrel of the cooking chamber. I thought I saw a thread where aluminum was attached along the lip of the cooking chamber to create a flange which fit inside the cover and eliminated the gap.

Joe

Back