Brining a butterball Turkey

Yes.

We use Apple in our dry brine product - Harvest Brine, which is made for turkey.

I have used wet brines with great success- PattioDaddio's and I have used Harvest Brine- a dry brine It is REALLY good stuff and much more convenient I do believe Butterball Turkeys are enhanced I dont know how that works with the brine

So you don't interfere with (or overpower) the Butterball injected brine.... why not inject an apple juice concoction 4 or 5 hours before cooking it?

I have used wet brines with great success- PattioDaddio's and I have used Harvest Brine- a dry brine It is REALLY good stuff and much more convenient I do believe Butterball Turkeys are enhanced I dont know how that works with the brine
I used Harvest Brine on a Honeysuckle White whole turkey which is also enhanced. It was excellent. I think the enhancement is more for keeping the bird from drying out than it is to add flavor. The brine worked great.

I've been wet brining turkeys since I can remember and last Thanksgiving tried out Naturiffic's Harvest Brine and it was a huge success. Hard to explain but the meat comes out juicier and more flavorful and the skin crisps up nicer. Harvest Brine for me from here on out.

I ALWAYS recommend brining a turkey. It's fun to experiment with different brines, but they usually always turn out better.

Another route is to inject. I have had very good results with a nice injection. Especially if I a crunched for time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

All great responses except no one says how they cook the bird after the brine. So--- how do you cook the bird. Anyone done it in a Big Easy?

Call me lazy but decided to not bother wet brining enhanced birds years back. IMO the only chickens/turkeys worth brining are ones that haven't been previously farked with. Very lucky to have a local place that can get me fresh Amish poultry with a couple days notice.

^^^It's not lazy. The "enhanced" birds are basically already brined. No need to further brine unless you want to add a flavor. In which case, I would skip using any additional salt and just stick to apple juice or whatever.

I do mine in the Big easy and they turn out great Mike AKA Happy Hapgood and IamMadMan have some great post on it My T day Bird was described as perfect from my wife I used Harvest Brine and when I had the color I wanted from The Big Easy I took the lid off hor the rest of the cook

Call me lazy but decided to not bother wet brining enhanced birds years back. IMO the only chickens/turkeys worth brining are ones that haven't been previously farked with.

NOT LAZY at all. I would never inject or wet brine a Butterball turkey.

Back