THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
i just received a proposal to do a booth @ a bridal show in our area.
i don't have all the specifics yet but this will not just be bbq. i will do samplers of 2 main courses,sides,appetizers,finger foods,etc.
before i committ i want to know exactly how much advertising & what exact media outlets they will be using in our area.the cost is $325 for an 8x10 booth for a 3 hour show. here are a few of the specifics i do have.

q Display ads in all area newspapers in August and September;
q Direct marketing to prospective engaged couples;
q Publicity releases to all area media, newspapers & radio stations;
q Posters and flyers to be distributed by local businesses;
q Extensive internet exposure;

As a participant, your exhibitor fee includes:
q One 8’ X 10’ booth space. Linens are available upon request.
(All booths will be assigned on a first-come/ first-served basis.) We have larger booths upon request.
q A list of all brides who registered at the event, including their wedding date, e-mail contact and address for use in direct mail campaigns.
q Free listing in our program distributed to each bride and guest

thats pretty cheap exposure in my book considering the rewards of wedding catering returns.
the city population is 50,000 & the convention center seating is 25,000.
i've done vending & exibitor booths for other things & done quite well before.
i figure a total cost of around $650 -food,labor,etc.
i just wanted some opinions from catering/vending brethren. have any of you done this kind of event before?

don't worry i'm not. this will also be the day after a race concession gig so i'll be employing a friend who is a c.i.a. graduate for pastries & some appetizers.

Sounds intriguing. How many brides are they expecting, with only a population of 50,000? Is this a wedding destination for your area? I spent about $250.00 (MOINKS, tri-tip sliders, chicken wings, sauce, brochures, appetizer plates, napkins, fuel, etc.) not including my time, the other night to do a fundraiser for a local charity. We had a free table at a winery.

Back