Brethren Only Comp 'Willie-Pallooza'

You guys really think we were judging and writing down scores the whole time ???

We were just using those turn ins to help Willie keep his costs down to fill the large catering order his kitchen staff was working on.

We selected winners by drawing straws....
its believable

You guys really think we were judging and writing down scores the whole time ???

We were just using those turn ins to help Willie keep his costs down to fill the large catering order his kitchen staff was working on.

We selected winners by drawing straws.

That's exactly what I thought you guys were doin!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Willie / all-
Thanks for the great weekend and it was great meeting you.

Thanks for the advice to stay away from the Cross Island - much better ride home to CT.

Before I left I meant to purchase some of your bourboun rub to try, but wanted to follow Nancee & Greg and all of a sudden it was time to go. Would it be possible for you to bring some to Harpoon?

And I will definitely have some Tequila Cherries there.

Joe

you what?? because of you there will be no more willie palooza and i want the big weiner trophy back.

No more Willie Palooza?

Say it ain't so!

After seeing the first Brethren only competition in the history of BBQ, I had just decided that I would compete in Willie Palooza Deja Vu, or whatever you were going to call next year's.

It's a crying shame I tell ya'.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to spend more time with my baseball cards. Hmmmm, I wonder if Cal likes Que?

P.S. Just wondering, was the "Fear the Pig" chant invoked when each of the Brethern got to walk at the awards ceremonies?

For those who did not get to see the trophy up close and personal. It was prominently and proudly displayed at Harpoon.

Poobah.jpg

DaWeiner.jpg

I heard a rumor that unless you get your application in for the battle of the bbq brethren at sayville in october, you dont get your williepalooza results

NOW it is apparent why Phil went out and got himself that trailer!

He knew that he was going to need it to bring his trophy around with him!

Palooza Results

Hi,

Ive been a bit ill this past week. I hope to get results to everyone that requested them by the end of this week. Sorry.

Sled, you don't get results until I get copies of the photos you took of the donations.

Eric

That was a damn good watermelon! 'course every time he changed spots, the pressure of reloading would make all the holes leak. I was the little dutch boy with my finger in the dike....not that there's anything wrong with that...

yup...

in the old days, plugging a melon with a bottle of vodka the day before a party was the ticket..

but we are brethren.... Brine pumps make short work of injecting an entire bottle into a mellon in a few minutes.. You still need to remove a plug of the rind int he top, and a scoop of melon out. The remaining hole will fill up with vodka and melon juice as you inject.. it is the role of the assistant, the one with his fingers in the dyke, to drink down those "melon shots" as they appear. :)

Back