Brethren attending THE JACK!

The teams will be at a party up the hill correct?
What is a central location to gather?
The town is dry right?

Yes, the town and county are dry. You will have to bring your beverages and put them in a cup. There is a picnic pavilion on the right as you come down through the main entrance from up at the square. It is where the cook's meeting is usually held on Friday afternoon, but there ususally isn't anything going on there Friday evening. The parade of teams is usually around 5:30pm. I have not seen an official schedule yet, so hopefully someone who has received a packet and schedule can chime in with details.

Butts and Breaststs will roll in Thursday morning! Rob with Them Ohio City Boys will be there lending a helping hand!

I have not seen an official schedule yet, so hopefully someone who has received a packet and schedule can chime in with details.
QN - the offical packet did not have a schedule of events except to mention the parade. It didn't have turn in times, order sheets for shirts and stuff or any information on a cooks gathering on the hill.

It mentioned that check in went until 6:00 PM. We will be driving 12 hours on Thursday to get there and were hoping to check in between 6:00 and 7:00 PM, depending on travel conditions. Can arrangements be made for a late arrival on Thurdsday? Since your the man parking folks, I thought I could ask. Thanks.

QN - the offical packet did not have a schedule of events except to mention the parade. It didn't have turn in times, order sheets for shirts and stuff or any information on a cooks gathering on the hill.

It mentioned that check in went until 6:00 PM. We will be driving 12 hours on Thursday to get there and were hoping to check in between 6:00 and 7:00 PM, depending on travel conditions. Can arrangements be made for a late arrival on Thurdsday? Since your the man parking folks, I thought I could ask. Thanks.

No problem with your arrival time. I will be there; usually at least until 10 or 11pm depending on what is going on. Seems like there are always folks around starting Wednesday night with food and beverages to share. See you at the Jack. Travel safe.

My wife, Jana, and I will be going to the "JACK" to party with and cheer for our friends that are cooking. We look forward to meeting are Brethren friends. See ya there!

I'm thinking about going to the Jack for the CBJ class on Friday and then hanging around on Saturday. If I do that, I'd love to stop by and meet ppl. If any one needs an extra pair of hands or fire watcher, let me know as I'd love to learn:)

dmp

No problem with your arrival time. I will be there; usually at least until 10 or 11pm depending on what is going on. Seems like there are always folks around starting Wednesday night with food and beverages to share. See you at the Jack. Travel safe.

Mark - THANK YOU! Much appreciated.

I doubt everyone has a Brethren Tee Shirt to
identify themselves as a Brethren
Wearing my hat :) usually folks can figure out
"its that all hat no cattle Guy from California"

We are going to be posting live videos to our website
Interviews, observations and the awards

If you are touring around the grounds, don't forget about us international folks... I understand there will be 19 international teams this year (so far) - House of Q will be one of two teams from Canada... just look for the maple leaf flags, the hockey sticks, the touques (if you know what those are) or simple phrases such as "eh?" Sorry though that we will be flying in thus we have limited supply of real Canadian beer.

Cheers!

If you are touring around the grounds, don't forget about us international folks... I understand there will be 19 international teams this year (so far) - House of Q will be one of two teams from Canada... just look for the maple leaf flags, the hockey sticks, the touques (if you know what those are) or simple phrases such as "eh?" Sorry though that we will be flying in thus we have limited supply of real Canadian beer.

Cheers!

And Bob and Doug MacKenzie playing on a wide screen? :lol: Can you bottle some of that scenery? I understand British Columbia is one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Back