THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kennedyma

Knows what a fatty is.
Taking the new Backwoods Gater for a spin today. This will be my first smoke on it. Loaded it with 3/4 of a bag of Stubb's Bricks, put a Weber starter cube in the back left corner and let it come up to temp. It took a while to come up because the water pan was a block of ice.

I seasoned it 3 days ago and forgot to empty the pan. Then the temp dropped to 9 deg. the other night and it froze on me, O'well

4 slabs of spares, cut St. Louis style. Can't wait from them to finish.

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

How are you liking that stoker on there? I ordered one for my fatboy, but have to wait a few weeks for delivery. :(.

How are you liking that stoker on there? I ordered one for my fatboy, but have to wait a few weeks for delivery. :(.

I love it, the remote viewing from my iPhone and MacBook makes it well worth the extra $$$ to me. Yea I'm spoiled with it but I just don't have the time to watch a smoker all day, wish I did.

This is the first smoke on the Gater with it, but I used a lot on my WSM. Made overnight cooks a breeze.

Screenshot of StokerX: The logging software for the Mac.
Screen%20Shot%202011-12-11%20at%202.41.jpg

How do those spares fit on the Gator racks? Can you fit 2 racks of spares on a single rack running them from front to back? Any pics of the ribs on the racks?

Thanks

How do those spares fit on the Gator racks? Can you fit 2 racks of spares on a single rack running them from front to back? Any pics of the ribs on the racks?

Thanks
I don't have any pics, but yes I can fit 2 racks per rack front to back with room to spare. The Gater is pretty deep.

Now for the pron from last nights cook:) Might have been the best ribs I've made yet.

Ran the Gater at 275ish, foiled after 2.5 hours with Parkay, brown sugar and Tiger Sauce. Each slab had a different SM rub and all were very very good.

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Back