THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
I'm still batchin' it for another day. Had to get a faux pastrami started and got to thinking maybe there's room for a hitchhiker in the 14.5.
Haven't had a fatty in a while and I love Dutch baby.

Sauteed some red onion, orange bell and a jalapeno for the stuffing for the fatty. Also added some crumbled bacon & x-sharp cheddar. Rolled it up in a Jimmy Dean sage sausage & rubbed it with Memphis Dust. And into the cooker with the faux pastrami to cruise at 275* over K Lump, cherry & pecan:

PICT1943_zpskob8amlj.jpg

As the fatty was approaching 170*, I got the ingredients ready for the Dutch baby.

PICT1948_zpsjph4v743.jpg

Heated a skillet at 400* in the pos gasser, added some butter, the batter and 20 minutes later:

PICT1954_zpsduhylkde.jpg

Took it in the house and let it collapse.

PICT1967_zpshwvbverm.jpg

The fatty was ready & waiting.

PICT1963_zpsv5cwj76r.jpg

Sprinkled some confectioner's sugar on the Dutch baby, added butter & maple syrup. Plated with the fatty & some berries.
It was time to eat!

PICT1970_zps5gugnd1a.jpg

Last edited:
Back