Brand New at Qing. Need tips, tricks, advice, anything!

My advice:
1. Invest in a good remote thermometer (I like Maverick)
2. Get a Thermopen!
3. Most important.. Don't rush it. BBQ is done when it's done!

Frugalsob has the right idea. experiment, expermient, experiment. Figure out what aworks best for you and your tastes. Most of all, have fun with this. Yeah, you'll probably tank on some piece of meat once in a while, but this is all about fun.
The folks here have a ton of knowledge and will share what they know. that is the best thing about this site. ask a question, any question, and you will get a lot of good advice. quality folks here.

I've got a CG pro, and have learned alot from it. Now I've graduated and making myself a UDS...1 tip you have to watch the CG pro like a hawk. Get a Maverick digital thermometer use one probe for the meat and one below the grate of the cooker. Look up some mods if your going to do low and slow. If your just grilling, their great cookers. Welcome to the forum!

Make shure you have enough lawn furniture for all the guest that are going to start coming over. Good bbq is the best way to get family and friends together.

Welcome, Look at the UDS thread. It is the best $100.00 you will ever spend.
Enjoy you will learn a lot in a very short time. I know I did.

Alright so im brand new to the site and pretty muching to Qing. Just bought The Char-Griller Super Pro BBQ Grill for my parents and started it up a few days ago.

I read on a few sites about seasoning the grill so i threw the grates on the propane to remove the waxy crap and then hit the Char-Griller with my FIRST batch of charcoal.

I used some crappy match light stuff we bought since i didnt know the difference until reading a few sites. After around two hours i brought the grates over to the Char-Griller and started the Veg - oil bath. I did that for around an hour and had to head off for work.

Im currently looking for any tips, tricks, advice on anything i should do this point on. I dont have the sidebox for the grill yet but I have been thinking about purchasing it. I have never done any slow cooking or smoking so anything would really be helpful for a newbie like me!:bow:

Man, I love how your status says "Got Rid of the Match Light", and you have just got rid of the Match Light for real... You'll be an expert in no time!

Cheers!

Bill

Back