Braised short rib question

TealStBBQKing

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeff
Apparently it's been too long since the last Pit Barrel Appreciation post for me to ask just the PBC community (sad that forum went so long to be down now) so I'll ask the whole brethren.

I'm smoking bone in short ribs (cut down english and shorter than full bone not the whole plate) this weekend and I'm planning at about 160° to braise the ribs in a mix of cider and hard cider. My question is roughly how long do you think the ribs will take to get to 200°ish/tender? I've done shorts ribs before and they took 7 hours total in my PBC. Would you think similar time or will braising speed up the cook?

Apparently it's been too long since the last Pit Barrel Appreciation post for me to ask just the PBC community (sad that forum went so long to be down now) so I'll ask the whole brethren.

I'm smoking bone in short ribs (cut down english and shorter than full bone not the whole plate) this weekend and I'm planning at about 160° to braise the ribs in a mix of cider and hard cider. My question is roughly how long do you think the ribs will take to get to 200°ish/tender? I've done shorts ribs before and they took 7 hours total in my PBC. Would you think similar time or will braising speed up the cook?

You can bump that thread, tick the box ( lower left on a PC )that says its over 30 days old

I love short ribs and they are a regular rotation with me. I'll rub and smoke them at 250 until they reach about 180 IT.

I pull them, and pan them in a shallow bath of beef broth, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and a few pats of butter. I cover the pan tightly and put them back on the cooker at 275 to braise for about another 2 hours or until tender. Total cook time is around 6 hours.

YJA9wgwh.jpg

Last edited:
Back