THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
I got up early Saturday morning and made my crew some homemade scones.

11-23.jpg

Bourbon, maple, pumpkin and pecan have my attention. Please elaborate.

A morning whiskey in Wyoming is not a fancy drink like in other places around the world, but I've had my eye on THIS. I don't have the mint, but I can fake 'er. Would some Maker's on the side work? :biggrin1:

That looks incredible...top 5 of the desert I've seen posted here! I'm not a sweets man. So it has ta be exceptional fer me ta notice, but don't let that swell yer head.....I'm just a random in the Qtalk...not even top 50...unless ya have a surly neighbor.

-D

Not a huge fan of sweets but I do love me some scones and that right there is heavenly. Well done brother!

Bourbon, maple, pumpkin and pecan have my attention. Please elaborate.

A morning whiskey in Wyoming is not a fancy drink like in other places around the world, but I've had my eye on THIS. I don't have the mint, but I can fake 'er. Would some Maker's on the side work? :biggrin1:

I'm from Kentucky the bourbon capital of the world.

Dry ingredients

2 C flour
1 TBL spoon baking powder
¼ C packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ allspice
¼ ground cloves
½ tsp table salt
6 TBL spoons cubed butter

Mix all above like with pasty cutter until butter is like a pea size

Wet Ingredients
¾ C canned pumpkin
¼ C milk
½ tsp vanilla
1 TBL spoon bourbon

Mix all together in a dough ball and roll out, place pecans on top and cut in wedges with a pizza cutter (DO NOT OVER KNEED OR MIX)

Glaze
1 C powder sugar
Pinch of sea salt
2 TBL spoon melted butter
½ tsp vainilla
¼ C maple syrup
Big splash of bourbon to taste

Bake 425 for around 15 minutes let cool some and drizzle glaze over scone
Serve with a cup of coffee with a snort of bourbon in it

11-24.jpg

Last edited:
A talent I don’t possess. I do enjoy the photos and process

And yet another amazing post and recipe that I am going to have to attempt to recreate. That picture is worth a thousand words but I can't talk with my mouth full of scones.

This my seal my reputation as a backwoods Okie but... I've never had a scone but I think I'd like to...

Back