Bought the Oultaw Pellet Smoker

BBQ4U2

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
Hello all,

I’ve been in the market for a new grill. I was using a weber performer, but it starting to age and I was looking for something more convenient. I began debating between a ceramic or pellet. (I also looked at the WSC.) After reading numerous threads, I decided that the pellet smoker was the best fit, as my wife and I both work a ton of hours.

That led me down the path to research which pellet smoker. My short list was the Mak, Yoder and Pitts and Spitts. Again, I be again to read many threads to learn about these smokers. As luck would have it, I read someone’s response that mentioned they saw a pellet smoker at a local store right near my home. He said it was a heavy gauge smoker and looked amazing in person.

I went to have a look and instantly new this was the one. It’s called the Outlaw OL680. It’s the heavy duty version of the Sawtooth SPG 610. It’s made of 11 gauge steel with black powdercoating. It came with the upper rack, WiFi, probe and cover for under 2k OTD. Not to mention, made in the U.S.A.

Prior to buying I had the opportunity to speak to the owner, Nelson White. He was kind enough to answer all my questions. That personal touch really makes a difference in today’s corporate world.

There is not much info on web regarding this grill, so it is somewhat of a leap of faith. Although I did speak with a well known pit master that highly recommended this smoker. I’ll check back in after my first cook.

Thank you to this forum for all of the great information.

Attachments

• 155322E4-D4E3-4DD4-B1FF-20856AF086DC.jpg
    155322E4-D4E3-4DD4-B1FF-20856AF086DC.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 82ED0EA7-1FB6-46E2-A3D6-F60C20D46D27.jpg
    82ED0EA7-1FB6-46E2-A3D6-F60C20D46D27.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
WOW! I have never seen or heard of that manufacturer, but I can clearly see why you bought it! Congrats :)

Almost forgot, I bought it from the Woodshed in Orange, CA. The owner, Patty, helped me and was awesome to work with. When the grill arrived (fully assembled), she included a hand written thank you card, along with a bottle of BBQ rub. You just don’t see that kind of customer service nowadays.

Last edited:
Looks pretty sweet :thumb: If I’m not mistaken Sawtooth is made in Idaho which is kinda my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to some more pics. Congrats! :eusa_clap

Congrats!! Nice looking cooker and I have been seeing more and more of them here on the West coast. Look forward to your cooks and future posts!

Almost forgot, I bought it from the Woodshed in Orange, CA. The owner, Patty, helped me and was awesome to work with. When the grill arrived (fully assembled), she included a hand written thank you card, along with a bottle of BBQ rub. You just don’t see that kind of customer service nowadays.

Patty (and her entire team) are without equal. Not only did you get a great smoker, but became part of The Woodshed family/Ohana

Congratulations

I would love to see pictures with the heat shield and grates removed.

I am assuming the burn pot is in the center and the access door on the front is for access to clean the burn pot?

Very nice looking cooker. I too am looking forward to cook pics.
Let us know how it smokes and grills.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

welcome to pellet cooking....I bought one (not this brand) a few months back and have been using it several times a week!

Congratulations

I would love to see pictures with the heat shield and grates removed.

I am assuming the burn pot is in the center and the access door on the front is for access to clean the burn pot?

Here are some more pictures...

Attachments

• Grill 1.jpg
    Grill 1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Grill 2.jpg
    Grill 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Grill 3.jpg
    Grill 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 87
  • Grill 4.jpg
    Grill 4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Grill 5.jpg
    Grill 5.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Grill 6.jpg
    Grill 6.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 89
  • Grill 7.jpg
    Grill 7.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 86
Thanks - Man that does look like a Yoder clone burn pot.

I like the heat shield over the burn pot - might help with the difusser plate warping issues

Enjoy your new cooker!

Back