Contest Announcment Boston Hills BBQ Fest - Boston, NY June 25th-27th

For Competitors and Judges:

I have booked a block of rooms at a special rate at the Quality Inn in Hamburg. Pricing is $99.00/night. Mention Boston Hills BBQ Fest when booking.

Quality Inn by Choice Hotels
5440 Camp Road
Hamburg, NY
716.649.0500 Phone

Also, entry forms and checks are really coming in. Lot's of new teams this year. Of all the paid entrants, only 2 participated last year. We've got room for 50 teams.

I am about to that date in sending in applications, something about doing this west side tour out in KS put me a little behind....but, I am sure that mine will be going in within 2 weeks.....

Here's the list of registered and paid teams for 2010: Returning Teams are in BOLD. (Last year we had 34 in KCBS) New Teams are in ITALIC.

Hawg Doctors
BBQ Magicians
Swamp Pit BBQ
Doghouse Willie
Shuck and Clucks BBQ Team
Chicken Chokers
Can't Stop Grillin'
Butts and Links BBQ Co
Red Valley BBQ
Smokin' Aint Easy
Buckner Brothers Barbeque
Qwannabees

That's 9 new teams, and its only the beginning of April. Based on the verbal commitments and emails from teams planning to enter, my last count was 31 teams. That left 19 spots to fill the field of 50. If you are planning to attend, please get your entry forms and checks in. Thanks!

If the Boston Hills comp is anything like it was last year, the new teams are in for a real treat. The staff treated the teams like kings. Definitely one of the best comps we attended last year!!!! :thumb: Anyone that misses this comp should really have thier gray matter looked at.

Add the following teams to the lineup:

Nickel City Smokers
Buffalo Meatheads
Fat Guys and a Little Smoke
Ique
Yabba Dabba Que!
Full Pull Chicken

We've got 18 teams registered so far, and have room for 50 teams. I have been contacted by 12 teams that their entries are on the way. I noticed on the Roc City Thread, there are 52 KCBS Teams registered. Drawing from the same region leads me to project that Boston Hills will sell out.

I'm looking for the following entries in the mail:

Good Smoke BBQ
Smoke On Wheels
Jacked Up BBQ
Diva Q
Big Belly BBQ
Up In Smoke
Smoke This!
Desperado's Barbecue
Donnie's Smokehouse

With a 50 team field, we're going to be awarding trophies and prizes through 10th place, and may give honorable mention ribbons through 15th place.

New for this year, is People's Choice. Here's the deal: its free to enter, and the meat is provided. You cook it, serve it, and collect your own votes. 50% of the net profit on tickets sold will be paid to 1st Place. 2nd Place will get 25%. The top two teams in each category, will be quite pleased with the paycheck. People's Choice will take place from 3-4 pm each day. Pork Shoulders (2) on Sat, and Chicken Wings (48) on Sun.

At the meeting last night, the Committee agreed to supply all competitors FREE ICE throughout the weekend!

The Boston Hills committee is setting the bar for BBQ competitions. Anyone that misses this comp should be ashamed of themselves. The inaugural competiton was amazing. The committee bent over backwards to make sure the teams felt welcome and had everything they needed. If this continues, we will be a competitor at Boston Hills for life. :thumb: Keep up the good work!!!!

wrote out a check and sealed the envelope....hope to get out to the village post office today, (unless you're stopping in for a beer ?)

I'm long overdue for a beer at Desperados. :) Thanks for the heads up on the entry. R u and Mark cooking the grilling together again?

The Boston Hills committee is setting the bar for BBQ competitions. Anyone that misses this comp should be ashamed of themselves.

Sounds like fun. If only Boston Hills was closer to....Boston! :becky: It's a long drive for me, not to mention the $136 in tolls to get the RV and smoker out there. Will be in Rochester though...

Back