Book Mark editing help please

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I need help editing the bookmark on my PC and saving to favorites on iPhone. When I click on my bookMark for the Brethren the address is as follow : https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/ That results in a 403 forbidden error. If I delete the "forum/" part it then opens the website. Same result on iPhone. on iPhone, I have to start a new search to get to the website. Oddly, on my iPad, the favorites still works and the website opens without the 403 error message.

So, how do I edit my bookmark and if that is not possible, how do I move the new bookmark up to the front page as I have several pages of bookmarks? For iPhone, how do I save a new favorite? unfortunately, I don't have any 5th graders available to show me how to do these requests.

I know change is inevitable. It's kind of like breaking in a new pair of shoes because the old ones were completely worn out; it just takes time to get them comfortable.

Thanks,

Robert

Edit the current bookmark to be just https://www.bbq-brethren.com/ and it will work. I had to do the same thing. The steps involved will depend on the browser that you are using. If you can tell me which brower software I can try to give you more details.

Adding a new favorite on you phone will also depend on the browser app and type os phone )IOS or Android). If you can provide that info I can try to provide detail on that as well.

or just edit the bookmark and remove the /forum

on edit.. oops ron.. just said that...brainfart.

Last edited:
Edit the current bookmark to be just https://www.bbq-brethren.com/ and it will work. I had to do the same thing. The steps involved will depend on the browser that you are using. If you can tell me which brower software I can try to give you more details.

Adding a new favorite on you phone will also depend on the browser app and type os phone )IOS or Android). If you can provide that info I can try to provide detail on that as well.
Firefox and IOS iPhone so I assume Safari

Firefox and IOS iPhone so I assume Safari
OK...

Let me take a look at Firefox and Safari and I'll get you more details. I am a Chrome user on both platforms so all of my bookmarks automatically sync.

Please stand by :)

For Safari, go to the Brethren site and touch the icon at the bottom that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. On gthe menu that pops up scroll down and you will see Add Bookmark or Add Favorite. There is also Add to Home Screen, which will create an icon on your home screen for the forum.

For Firefox, click the "Hamburger Menu", the three lines in the upper right corner of the FF window and then click on bookmarks. Find your bookmark for the Brethren forum and right click. Then select Edit and edit the bookmark to get rid of /forum at the end and then save it.

Does that all make sense?

For Safari, go to the Brethren site and touch the icon at the bottom that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. On gthe menu that pops up scroll down and you will see Add Bookmark or Add Favorite. There is also Add to Home Screen, which will create an icon on your home screen for the forum.

For Firefox, click the "Hamburger Menu", the three lines in the upper right corner of the FF window and then click on bookmarks. Find your bookmark for the Brethren forum and right click. Then select Edit and edit the bookmark to get rid of /forum at the end and then save it.

Does that all make sense?
Yes it does. Thank you for your help. Technology is a wonderful thing if you possess the patience to try to master the beast.

Back