THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use to drive by that place 5 days a week on my last bid run. Never got to stop in. Dang shame.

Have never figured out why some people feel they have a right to just take/steal/con

They don't feel they have a right to it- they just believe they won't get caught or it won't hurt too bad if they do. All we can do is be vigilant and try to get them caught - and make it hurt.

Have never figured out why some people feel they have a right to just take/steal/con

They don't feel they have a right to it- they just believe they won't get caught or it won't hurt too bad if they do. All we can do is be vigilant and try to get them caught - and make it hurt.

Oh but the do believe they do...

Iโ€™m not going to post news stories in qtalk, but just google it for yourself...

Almost no way to stop someone from winching the thing into the back of a box truck and leave. No amount of chains or cable would stop that.

So I am going through this in my mind, what value was lost by the thief -
NOT being able to register the trailer legally, and

the damage [??] to the smoker, removing it from the trailer?
NO.
He sold it for $300 to someone who will learn that
Cheap isn't always good.
This buyer will get pinched on the trailer registration #s.
Or, if he' s smart will sell it for $350 .... see how this goes?

So I am going through this in my mind, what value was lost by the thief -
NOT being able to register the trailer legally, and

the damage [??] to the smoker, removing it from the trailer?
NO.
He sold it for $300 to someone who will learn that
Cheap isn't always good.
This buyer will get pinched on the trailer registration #s.
Or, if he' s smart will sell it for $350 .... see how this goes?

I'd think a quick grinding wheel to the vin plate, removing the branding from the smoker and MAYBE a rattle can of krylon would be all that's required to register it as a homemade smoker. At least that's how it'd go in Florida. Can't imagine TX is much different.

Thanks for the heads up Adams. I dislike thieves.
Every time I hear of someone bragging about a great deal on beef they purchased out of the back end of a truck or back room of a business, etc., I think that it could be one of my beeves. (or a neighboring rancher's)
Same with stolen cookers. I watch for people bragging about the "great deal" they got on their new smoker. :tsk:

Back