THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've not opened the jar yet but maybe some central MoFo's have used it: Sticky Pig. It's made by a guy who used to work for Bill at Blues Hog and apparently is very similar. I don't want to pull business away from Blues Hog because I don't even know the ethics of the Sticky Pig guy and by all accounts, Bill is a good human but until Blues Hog is available, if you NEED it for a comp or something, it might be an alternative at least temporarily..

ScottyD - Surely Parrothead sells it in his store.

Where can Sticky Pig be purchased?

Rod

P.S. - Does my title change with 150 posts?

kcpellethead said:

Rod

Thanks Rod I will have to get ahold of him and see I know I was invited to a party for sauceman down there tonight. I see if he does have some.
thanks again.

Good luck on the road.

Doorbusters said:
Tom's Meat Market at Lake Lotawana has his shipment. Anyone need some Hog?

Got a number to call him? and will he ship it?

kcpellethead said:

Rod

Columbia MO---I'll get you the info, I'm out right now. It is similar to Blues Hog, but some sweeter. The Bellys use it for personal use more than I do, I'm still a big Show Me fan.

Tom's Meat Market at Lake Lotawana

Where exactly is Tom's? And do they have good steaks (nice thick cut for real grilling, not stingy grocery store cuts)?

Tom's has the best steaks I have been able to find in KC area. They are 1 1/2 mile east of 7 hwy on Colbern at Lake Lotawana. I visit at least 2 times per week. They also cut me deals on case meat when catering. He has a nice selection of sauces and rubs, and wine, and wood. If you are coming in from out of town come Friday evening, free wine tasting. Lot of fun people. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE STEAKS!!!!

Doorbusters said:
Tom's has the best steaks I have been able to find in KC area. They are 1 1/2 mile east of 7 hwy on Colbern at Lake Lotawana. I visit at least 2 times per week. They also cut me deals on case meat when catering. He has a nice selection of sauces and rubs, and wine, and wood. If you are coming in from out of town come Friday evening, free wine tasting. Lot of fun people. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE STEAKS!!!!

DB, this is great news. I don't know if you ever shopped at Mr. Prime Beef before they closed up shop, but I've been looking for a replacement for that place ever since. Sounds like Toms fits the bill perfectly. They're only about 20 mins from here, which beats the drive to LaCygne I've been making for good steaks by a longshot!! Thanks!!

Glad to hear it KC. I can meet you there sometime, sip some hooch, stare at the meat!! (insert your Brethren Mod here) They always have samples of the sauces and rubs out also.

Backyard Bash in Parkville, MO has thiers also.... however he is low on Tennessee Red. www.backyardbashkc.com I don't know if Jay ships, but if he doesn't, I can. I'm there almost every week... For those in the area looking -- it is at the intersection of 9 hwy & 45 hwy, on the SW corner in Parkville Commons.

Solidkick said:
Columbia MO---I'll get you the info, I'm out right now. It is similar to Blues Hog, but some sweeter. The Bellys use it for personal use more than I do, I'm still a big Show Me fan.

I ordered the show me sauce and have been using it i just wish that i could get it with a less liquid smoke

We are certified wholesale distributors of Blues Hog Sauces and Rubs. Contact Randy or I if you want anything from a pint to a pallet of gallons. We sell retail and wholesale.

Solidkick said:
\

You keep on using that SWILL and we will keep on beating you at Comps!!

Spice:twisted:

Back