THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I've had one of these several years now. Perfect size for us. Saw two NIB at our local Walmart yesterday Yellow Tagged $66. It's cool how easy it is to set up, cook and store away. They might go cheaper, but 6 smash burgers, 6-8 chicken fries or a griddle of Fried Rice and it'll pay for itself quickly. Grilled cheese of all kinds, even saw a video the other day where a man poured butter oil and popcorn and covered with a domed lid and made popcorn outside. I've not done that, yet

Screenshot_20240517-055903~2.png

When we bought our camper, the dealer have us a "free" grill of our choice.
I chose a BS Tailgater, a combo 17" griddle and similar sized gas grill.
It was a PITA to set up for one or two meals, so I ended up replacing it with a Weber Q1200 and 17" BS.
Both are better at what they do than the combination ever did and setup couldn't be simpler!

I have the larger BS Flat top. Reall like it. Wish I had gotten the smaller size. This is much bigger then needed and for available space

I have a new 36" in a box that I never used. Then I bought a 17" a few weeks ago for the camper. Used it a couple times already. Screwed up my first batch of pancakes.

I like the 22" it has two burners and gets much hotter and more evenly distributed heat then the one burner 17" and my old three burner 36". Plus the 22" comes with a portable stand and the hinged hood. My only complaint is the valve on the knob stuck and i had to blow compressed air in the inlet to get it free. No idea how long it will last before it gets stuck again.

I have the 22" Tailgater with the stand and lid that I got from Walmart for the RV. I like it because it's portable and the stand has adjustable legs which makes leveling easy. I looked at the 17" but went with the 22" which for the wife and I is the perfect size. I'd love to have the 28" but can not justify it.

Last edited:
Won a 17" Blackstone on a raffle here on BBQ-B. Was kinda fun tinkering for a while. Gave it to my son to take on a canoe trip. He still has it and never used.

We have a 17" that lives on the patio and a 22" that lives in a storage bay of the motorhome.
One of our favorite things, other than all things breakfast, is to cook chicken or pork chops on the Recteq Bullseye and grill veggies on the Blackstone for dinner on the patio. Tonight was bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with cooked cabbage and rice.

GMUX4655[1].JPG

We have the 17" after giving our son the 36", bought the tank hose and a wind deflector that has a warming rack on the top back, Love it, just cooked 10lbs of chuck for chili, grandson wanted Petro's, so home made for $900 less than they wanted lol

I got a 17 for our 17th anniversary. I use it a couple times a year. bought it to take to our property up north. it handles that task perfectly. no cooking dishes to wash other than a spatula

Back