Blackstone Stir Fry

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
A variation on a dish I've posted before, affectionately called Crack Slaw (so named since you can't stop eating it). I never stick to the written recipe, it's mainly a guideline based on the selection of veggies available in the produce section. So today we have -

Bok Choy
Carrots
Celery
Onion
Garlic
Bagged Cole Slaw
Baby Bellas
Red Bell Pepper

Making use of my Cai Bao to slice the carrots. I've had this for at least 10 years, don't use it too often -

Veggies are prepped and ready to be carried out to the Blackstone -

Today I'm using a mixture of Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, Ground Chicken, about 3 lbs total -

The denser veggies are started first so they cook through -

Everything gets seasoned eventually with Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce as needed and Sesame Oil -

Near the end of the cook the Cole Slaw mix and tender Bok Choy leaves are added in. I think it's a good thing I've got a 36" Blackstone! -

Everything gets mixed together -

Ready to bring inside -

Dinner is served -

This is incredibly easy to make, especially on the Blackstone. It could be done in a wok or a number of frying pans, but the griddle makes this almost effortless. It's fairly low in calories since it's mainly veggies and tastes as good as it looks.

Thanks for checking in on tonight's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

"I never stick to the written recipe"

This!!!

Looking killer as always Dom! :clap2:

Damn. This is really pulling at the "need" to get a Blackstone!

@Smoking Piney posted a stir fry cook on a wok on a BGE the other day which was part of the inspiration for this. I had thoughts of breaking out my wok, firing up the Golden's and thought "It's way easier on the griddle".

As much as I love using the wok, having to cook things in batches, remove them, cook another ingredient, etc. , then put everything together at the end becomes a chore. I don't think all this would have fit in my wok anyway. :becky:

I resisted the purchase of a Blackstone for a long time, finally caved in and am so glad I did. Resistance is futile.

Back