Blackstone appreciation thread*** pizza ovens griddles and more*** tips tricks and pics

Sako - where does the grease drip down to? Does it just run off into the bottom of the grill? Any issues with flare ups from that?

Jacks, it actually aligns perfectly my grill's grease drain which flows to catch tray at the bottom away from burners so flare ups are not possible. So far I've hardly had any grease even go down the drain.

Not that great of the picture but you cans see the round drain on the grill.

WBF9XRqh.jpg

Just want to bump this thread! Getting warmer out finally, gotta set up my griddle!!
Been a big following on the FB Group too. (I hate FB, I'd rather be here)
Can't wait to start re-creating some of these dishes y'all been posting!!!!

I can't wait to fire this up tonight. I have to get some seasoning on it, before cooking the monthly men's breakfast tomorrow at my church.

Attachments

• 20170308_152752.jpg
    20170308_152752.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 335
Inaugural cook in progress. Sorry, didn't get a photo of the bacon. I did get a video though! Just waiting for "Chef's wife" and burgers will be next!

Attachments

• 20170310_171729.jpg
    20170310_171729.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 520
  • 20170310_171609.jpg
    20170310_171609.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 516
I could cook on this all day!

Attachments

• 20170310_174126.jpg
    20170310_174126.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 520
  • 20170310_174156.jpg
    20170310_174156.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 519
Has anyone used a smoke box designed for a gas grill to infuse wood smoke into a pizza on the Blackstone Patio Oven?

Has anyone used a smoke box designed for a gas grill to infuse wood smoke into a pizza on the Blackstone Patio Oven?

No, but I was thinking of this a couple of weeks ago. I have a smoke daddy that I put on the bottom of the egg in the cold weather for cheese. I have a hole saw too. I think it would work well.

No, but I was thinking of this a couple of weeks ago. I have a smoke daddy that I put on the bottom of the egg in the cold weather for cheese. I have a hole saw too. I think it would work well.

Apple smoked Spinach Feta pizza, Oak Smoked Brisket pizza, Cherry Smoked Pepperoni...

Not an expert but I think the key to the "wood fired pizza" taste is the nature of the heat generated by the wood rather than the impact of smoke from it. Cook times are so short there isnt much time for the smoke to impact it.

Finally have a chance to get my 28" Griddle together tonight!! How long should I expect to assemble? (I'm fairly handy)
And how long did it take to get it seasoned right?
Thanks.

Finally have a chance to get my 28" Griddle together tonight!! How long should I expect to assemble? (I'm fairly handy)
And how long did it take to get it seasoned right?
Thanks.

Depends on how many beers you have while putting it together

Back