THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did not compete this weekend, but did get to meet Mark and Becky, it was a pleasure...

I don't post a lot here, but I did take 3rd among many top teams in brisket last week in Sallisaw(13th overall), so Brethren do get to walk in that category as well....

Nice job Sigma and Grills!!!

Steve - The Pork Pullin Plowboys were next to you two years ago at Art of BBQ in Tulsa. I remember the name and the OSU bus.

Todd, you mean this bus? We were there too in '05. I thought the bus was way cool, and liked when they played the OSU fight song when turn in time started.

Attachments

Todd, you mean this bus? We were there too in '05. I thought the bus was way cool, and liked when they played the OSU fight song when turn in time started.

Yup. That open spot next to the bus was us. We arrived late that year. Still got a 2nd place brisket call. :wink:

I was there today, but never saw Steve's space. Sorry I missed you, Bro.

I did talk to Mark and Becky for a while- it was good to meet them, and it looked like they were having a good time. They set me up with a panful of chicken, which was top-notch. Very, very good!

Most of the stuff I got for the people's choice was lackluster, unfortunately. The park was absolutely packed with people, and there were good tunes coming from the stages (it's also a Blues festival- John Lee Hooker, Jr. is probably playing right now). I'm not a competitor, but it sure looks like a good venue. And the judges seem to have liked what the Brethren cook! Congratulations to all!

It was very nice meeting you..Sorry we couldnt visit longer...It was hot and tons of people around...All in all a good contest a little bit of a pain trying to leave on Sat and the awards took FOREVER...

Back