birthday surf and turf

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
when a bbq brethren turns 40 you know there are going to be some good eats cooked. I mean it's still covid for another week so eating out isn't even an option.

what's better than surf & turf? I remembered this little market that sells some great cowboy style ribeye steaks. cut real thick, each one weighted 3 lbs. Meijer always has a good deal on snow crab so I picked up two bags full of them.....oh and asparagus.

I steamed the crab legs and cooked the steaks on my pitboss pellet grill. 250 until 120-125 and then rested while I opened up the sear zone and and added my grill grates. Cranked the heat up to 450 and seared each side for about 3 minutes.

we were so full. I think one steak would have been reasonable for the four of us with all that crab....oh yea... something about asparagus.

5Nbb4cLl.jpg

rVtQsRQl.jpg

DLfZQAMl.jpg

4eIx6A8l.jpg

7XScnZNl.jpg

Your cook looks really good. Hard to beat a good Surf and Turf.

I love cooking for myself on my Bday. Get to pick exactly what I want without any complaint, (not that I get many anyway, but I usually try to accommodate the different tastes in the house). On my BDay, it’s all about what I want..LOL.

Last edited:
Steve, That Sir is one Excellent Birthday dinner!!!
I am sure you all were well satisfied and Stuffed!
Again, Happy Birthday Brother!!

Happy Birthday! Meal looks excellent and I am guessing better than what you could have gotten out. Steamed is the way to go on the crab legs. If ya don't mind where did you get the steaks from?

Back