Birth of a UDS aka "Da Phoenix"(w/help from many Brethren)

Dude, Sanchito is the man! I'm glad he's not afraid to air it out.
The drum will make it to the UCLA game.

The garage is my sanctuary. It must be kept clean at all times, for 2 cars to park, and beer to drink.

Ey MB, that barrel looks like it was painted at the same place as mine.

Like that drum! Like my drum! Building another I like it so much. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• SDS 012 (Small).jpg
    SDS 012 (Small).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 92
That looks great Single Fin. Couple questions though....It's hard to tell in your pics, do you have just one air inlet at the bottom, or is there more? Your fire basket looks pretty tall, how is that working out?

Hey Country, can you get off your ass and build a dollie for me? I got some more Jalp peppers I'll bring ya. Thanks man!

I have 3 air outlets. The one in the front has the adjustable pipe thingy. The two on the sides are heavy metal caps that screw on and off.

Peculiar Mike, how much do you want for the 1975 ecb? Dats a nice lookin chrome barrel you got there by the way.

Quit braggin about it and cook some Chit! Make sure Country notices all stainless hardware (no drywall screws).

yall need to add a table to them i love mine

I'm thinkin about adding a small table that's easily detachable. Just somewhere to set a bowl on. My goal is portability. A large table may restrict that goal.

Someone on here had a drum or WSM that they put 4 roll up garage door handles mounted vertically and put bent rods attached to planks to make side tables. worked pretty slick.

Say Norco, or any other Brethren.....in the spirit of recycling, does anybody have any creative ideas on what to do with the bottom half of a kettle?
Since I only needed the lid and the grate for my UDS, its now takin up space in my garage. Its probly 20 plus years old, but its still in good shape.
Outta respect for the Weber company, I'd hate to throw it away.

Say Norco, or any other Brethren.....in the spirit of recycling, does anybody have any creative ideas on what to do with the bottom half of a kettle?
Since I only needed the lid and the grate for my UDS, its now takin up space in my garage. Its probly 20 plus years old, but its still in good shape.
Outta respect for the Weber company, I'd hate to throw it away.

Cut the legs down and make a firepit out of it!!!

Kev, take off the ash catcher, and the vent, and send it to me! Mines all rusted out! :p That fire pit idea sounds good, but I'd keep the legs... than you and the kids can make smores!

Use it as a lid. Then you should be able to smoke a whole turkey on the top grate.

Back