Binging BBQ to my Daughter in LA

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Visiting my daughter in LA who wanted some of Dad's BBQ.

I brought 3) 3lb vac-sealed bags of pulled pork, 2) 5lb bags of vac-sealed brisket and many other items she was missing (sausage, bacon, ham, ect).

It was devoured within days, so now they are requesting ribs. I broke down and purchased a pellet pooper so that when I leave she can continue to smoke food for her family to be.

I wound up getting a Pit Boss Pro vertical smoker so she has a little more room for cooks. I have to say that I have never been a fan of the pellet smokers; this is easy to use and it does a good job for the money.

I also got to have lunch with BBQ-Brethren SSV3 Sako. Had a nice time talking about Q and our lives.

Sorry the pictures are sideways, never posted from a phone before. Going to get ribs and chicken to cook today.

Attachments

• 20221119_092018.jpg
    20221119_092018.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 179
  • 20221116_141034.jpg
    20221116_141034.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 177
I see you can't stay idle Bob. :-D Nice!

A real pleasure meeting you and the gang. :thumb: Good times!

I'm trying to figure out where to start. I'm thinking Chiavetta's first? :nod: Thanks a bunch sir!

9xjKdlxh.jpg

I see you can't stay idle Bob. :-D Nice!

A real pleasure meeting you and the gang. :thumb: Good times!

I'm trying to figure out where to start. I'm thinking Chiavetta's first?

The pleasure was mine Sako, it's always nice to put a connection to a name. Lunch was delicious, and we shared the leftovers at dinner. I even visited the restaraunt supply store next door for an arm full of cooking tools / items I couldn't bring with me.

Remember, don't be afraid to ask questions. Chiavetta's and State Fair items are best when cooking over hot coals.

You should have bought her a Franklin offset instead. :tongue:

I looked at several different locally available smokers, but the key for her success was "ease of use".

My daughter works and also attends school. Trying to maintain a stick burner or charcoal smoker just wasn't an option for her busy schedule. The Pit Boss with remote monitoring / control was much better suited for her lifestyle at only $450.00. I've done two cooks on it, and it does a fairly good job over all. When her life slows down, she can always upgrade if she desires. Bottom line is that she has her feet in the shallow end of the pool; where she goes from here is her decision

Last edited:
The pleasure was mine Sako, it's always nice to put a connection to a name. Lunch was delicious, and we shared the leftovers at dinner. I even visited the restaraunt supply store next door for an arm full of cooking tools / items I couldn't bring with me.

Remember, don't be afraid to ask questions. Chiavetta's and State Fair items are best when cooking over hot coals.

:thumb: If it weren't for our schedules conflicting and Thanksgiving there were a other place to go. On the next one.

Absolutely! I plan on following directions to a t with coals over live fire on my open face pit.

Completely forgot about the chef supply store next-door. I used to go there a lot and there is actually a larger one a friend's friend owns literally less than a mile away from that one. That one is even more top notch as the owner builds kitchens for hotels and large restaurants.

We flew, but it was also a long flight. Had to ship a lot of items ahead of our arrival.

I'm loving the warm weather, shorts and tshirts every day.

It's going to be even more beautiful this week Bob. 77 on Thanksgiving day. :becky: Probably one of the main reasons I haven't left. YET!

Back