Big Mike wins GC at Kettering!!

this was my 5th comp

:shock:

headbang.gif

I would like to thank everyone for making this (my 1st) very enjoyable..........Jim and Jim did a fantasic job. The guys from the Legion securty-picking up garbage bags, delievering ice, cooking breakfast, checking day and night for what you may need. Did a outstanding job. And to all the teams for your insight and kind words of encouragement. Tonto thank you for the lesson. And to all brethren THANK YOU for helping me. Smokin' Blues got to hear the name 2 times Sat and that is a awesome feeling. But more so after worring for the last 3 weeks and not sleeping for the last couple weeks it was mindboggling to open each entry up and see the product which I thought was awesome and go for chicken to ribs to butt to brisket and feel good about all 4 and turn them in on time. Thank you all and a big congrats to Mike you are #1 in Ohio enjoy it.

Congrats Mike. It was a pleasure to be able to cook with you. I learned a ton, including that sleep deprivation is all part of a comp. It was an amazing time and I enjoyed meeting all the teams and especially all the brethren.

I still can't believe ya did it! I am still smiling when I think about all of your comments as we were doing turn ins and then to hear your name called at the...WOW!

Again..TY and congrats Mike. Although I am not sure how I am supposed to start competing now since I have a sense what it is like to win the Grand..everything for me will be a let down! :lol:

Way to make that Stumps hum Big Mike :wink:

Congratulations for an awesome job of competing!! :eusa_clap:mrgreen::eusa_clap:mrgreen::eusa_clap

Huge Congrats Mike to you and the team plus all the brothers that competed. Get some rest and don't worry, it feels like you just walked when you wake up for at least a week.:cool:

Back