Big Lots BBQ Swag

I bought this grill for the lid on my UDS...its a pretty good grill...I actually use it as a station for my charcoal starter chimney...I found the Main grill and charcoal grate to be waaayyy too flimsy compared to their weber counterpart, but even if you replace the grills it will still be cheaper that a weber!!

Gonna do my 1st cook on it this weekend. The $29.00 grill has changed a bit. Bought a few additions:

1- Cast iron replacement grill grate ($79.00 - will arrive thursday)
2 - Pair of Weber charcoal baskets
3- Pair of Weber charcoal rails (gonna use these to hold firebrick in place)
4- Weber chimney starter
5- Stainless steel smoker box
6- Weber grill cover

Looking for a thermometer I can mount on the lid, and a couple firebricks (gonna hit Lowes or Costco in the next few days when I'm over the flu)... but I should have everything by the weekend.

I checked out the Weber Silver at Lowes. It's true that the Weber's body & lid are thicker than the Big Lot's... but with my additions, it doesn't matter. The $60 I saved will fund a few meals.

You can get a Weber 22.5 for about $88, One Touch Silver. In fact, I got one last year at Walmart for $65(for some reason, my store had them marked down, no one else did).

When i worked at target way back when(before i bbqed) they had a clearance on all the weber kettles(i take that back, they only carried the silver 22.5 and 18.5) for something like 50% off. They mark it down at the end of the year when the sun goes away. Im keeping my eyes open this year.

Lowes that the One touch Silver for $89.00 last weekend. Probably still the price today.

IMG00113.jpg

Is that a BBQ from a local park?? You have it all, and i want it.

Back