Big Fat Hunk of Steak!

No big deal man! I use the hand test to check for doneness, thermapen as a back up test.

Hand test.3gp - YouTube

I never ever ever use a thermometer on steak I was unpacking them from a whole hog a few weeks ago and said, "eh, what the hell. I'll
Cheap and hook my maverick up to this huge hunk of meat". Lesson learned. Don't trust the theometer on fast rising
Beef.

I ate good bit I angrily chewed my food.

:wacko: Really!!!
Did the family like it?

To be perfectly honest I do not think you could have messed up cooking a cut like that so bad that a majority of folks would have not enjoyed eating it:tsk:

Strips have a texture and bite to them that is why a alot of folks like em

:wacko: Really!!!
Did the family like it?

To be perfectly honest I do not think you could have messed up cooking a cut like that so bad that a majority of folks would have not enjoyed eating it:tsk:

Strips have a texture and bite to them that is why a alot of folks like em

It was just me and the wife, Cooper (17 mos) was in bed. My wife wasn't too upset about it as she domes from medium/medium well sleeper
Ce.......er, family. She did notice that it wasn't "as soft as nomal".

It certainly wasn't thrown out, I'm just one seriously picky dude when it comes to my grilled meats! I cook 2-3 steaks a week and have literally not overcooked
One in years. First time I trust a thermometer, this happens. Back to my gut!

LOL, I also cooked a strip tonight (I'm always a ribeye guy) I too overcooked mine. It only had a very slight dash of pink in the middle - almost none. It was still fawking delicious.

Bummer dude! However, we are always our own worst critics. I's sure it was still great. FYI that was some beautiful piece of meat!

Back