THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
I'm on the hook for an office party tomorrow for pulled pork. I have 5 butts going into the Assassin (right around 43 pounds uncooked). The party planners tell me around 60 people, so this amount should be OK.....they're doing burgers and dogs, also.

My pit is already started, and the plan is to let these butts warm up just a tad, inject / rub, and get these smoking at 8 PM at 275 with a mix of hickory and apple for smoke. I'm injecting with a 2 parts apple juice / one part apple cider vinegar mix and rubbing with Oakridge Competition rub.

I plan on checking them at 4:30 in the morning. I expect them to be done right around 5 AM. Once they're done, I'll pan / foil them and put them in the Cambro for a couple of hours before I pull them apart. I'll pull them apart and then pan / foil it, and back in the Cambro. I need them at the party by 11 AM......plenty of pad and the Cambro will get me there. :-D

The game has begun......more pRon to follow. :-D

q5xi5DGh.jpg

Last edited:
Back