THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Button73

Knows what a fatty is.
Went to the Big Apple BBQ block party in New York last weekend with 2 of my best friends. We are up in Toronto so NY is only an hour plane trip away. We went down to help a friend, Billy Durney who is owner/pitmaster of Hometown BBQ in Brooklyn who was invited to showcase Beef Ribs at the event. He had 2 Lang 108's running the whole weekend cranking out ribs. We had such a great time just working and serving BBQ to everyone.

The cookers - 2 Lang 108's

People in line for Beef Ribs

Oak, this was day 2. I think Billy went through 3 cords of Oak

Running Oak in the firebox.

Mr. T helping with the Beef Ribs

Billy and Nestor getting ready to pull Beef Ribs out

Nestor feeling the Beef Rib to see where its at in the cooking stage

Beef Ribs out of the cookers

Billy checking the ribs before going out to be served

Plates getting ready to be served

A whole hog sandwich from Sam Jones from Skylight Inn BBQ...It was so good I think it lasted 4 bites.

Billy made some Jerk baby-backs for us to snack on..great heat and texture on these.

John and Terrence from Lang drove up to bring a 108 up and help out

Me, Wayne Mueller and Mr. L

I had to check my total numbers of beef cooked. I said 2500-3000lbs of beef ribs. Had to confirm with Mr. L, actual number was 4800lbs of beef on Saturday and 5000 on Sunday. Wow....

Back