Beware R&O smokers

Maybe the brethern in his area should go to his business and protest with sighn and everything I would think about 100 people in front of his business or his house might get the message across put his picture on Facebook and every BBQ forum

My buddy runs the business that was located right next to them. They’ve been shut down well over a year I believe. I had heard he had some serious financial problems.

Knothead, I'm just so sorry this happened to you, and the others. It is infuriating, I know, having dealt with similar issues on a different type of product.

I hope you still get your pit.

As indicated above the State Attorney General is the place to start. File a complaint with them for fraud.
https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint
http://txoag.force.com/CPDOnlineForm

Then also because the transaction crossed state lines you should also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for fraud.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

Lastly many local TV Stations have a consumer help-line and will investigate your claim. While they may not be able to resolve the issue themselves, their calling and questioning of these State Agencies can provoke them to make a quicker response in the matter because they are on the scope at this point.

Hope this will be of same help to remedy the situation.

http://txoag.force.com/CPDOnlineForm

Funny this came back up today. We had small claims court with Billy Overton this past Monday we won default judgement because he didn't show up for court. Now the hard part collecting our money. Billy has done this to 6 different people I know of and has multiple lawsuits against him, he also has multiple judgements against him. I filed complaints with the sheriff, FBI, FTC, Texas Attorney General, Kansas Attorney General. I also did an interview with a tv station in Dallas about this story, I am hoping something shakes out of all of this. This has been a nightmare for a guy that just wanted a smoker. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Knothead sorry it has come to this looks like you have done all you can. More importantly what are you cooking on? did you end up getting a a new cooker?

Funny this came back up today. We had small claims court with Billy Overton this past Monday we won default judgement because he didn't show up for court. Now the hard part collecting our money. Billy has done this to 6 different people I know of and has multiple lawsuits against him, he also has multiple judgements against him. I filed complaints with the sheriff, FBI, FTC, Texas Attorney General, Kansas Attorney General. I also did an interview with a tv station in Dallas about this story, I am hoping something shakes out of all of this. This has been a nightmare for a guy that just wanted a smoker. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Sorry to hear of all of your problems, I can't believe they didn't charge him. I know they probably have bigger fish to fry, but they let him continue.
While the judgement doesn't mean he will pay you, it will allow you to put a lien on his property/vehicles.

Glad to see you have picked yourself up and found a new smoker you are happy with... Keep us posted on your cooks.

Well, keep up the fight. Get the liens in place. I know a used smoker wasn't what you wanted. You probably as I did your due diligence in trying to pick out one that best fit you. Only to be disappointed by a con man. I doubt your going to see your money. And take time to recover from. But atleast your cooking. Keep us informed with any new info. Take care.

Knot head,
There is another thing you can do,
Simply contact your local credit agency,
File a disputed credit report with them, and state with “extreme malice” and “fraud” was used against you by Billie
They have a special rating for people like Him.
It happened too us several years ago, in our case, when he went to a bank for a loan, he couldn’t get it til he paid us off!!!
That was a sweet day,
Principal + interest + collection fees + late charges.
Give it a try, costs you nothing

Good luck,
I’m so sorry you’ve had to go,thru this

Last edited:
Trouble is, credit criminals don't give two craps and will do whatever they think will protect them. All it takes is a bankruptcy to extinguish the judgment against him.

I seriously hope he was too stupid, and didn't have an LLC. He's no different than an armed robber in my eyes and deserves the same treatment.

Trouble is, credit criminals don't give two craps and will do whatever they think will protect them. All it takes is a bankruptcy to extinguish the judgment against him.

True,
But sooner or later
He will need to buy a car, or a building, or a house and won’t Be able to if the credit agency files the correct report

Back