THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mahoney86

Full Fledged Farker
Found out last minute I was cooking for a much larger group on Sunday morning. Even more unfortunate was that I was in such a rush to get dinner on the table I forgot the pics of the beans, home made smoked mac-and-cheese, hush puppies, salad etc... Luckily someone took these 3 pictures

3 Chickens - after a few hours in a chicken broth and brown sugar brine - rubbed them good and placed in pans with 2 sticks of butter each
IMG_2297_zps3a9648ef.jpg

After 1.5hours in the cooker at 250*
IMG_2298_zps7f11e70e.jpg

Final product - not very clean looking as i brushed the sauce on super fast instead of dunking the chicken in the sauce for a more even look
IMG_2299_zps976673d8.jpg

Overall everyone (Most importantly the Moms) were very happy and thought it was great. It really showed in this cook why comp cooks cook multiple pieces of meat because I ate about 4 quarters. First 2 were perfect bite through, other was mush and the last the skin peeled right off.

Hope you enjoyed

Back