Better Duck! Bigmista has an idea...

Mista, I can't tell from the pictures, but were the thighs as juicy as ones cooked bone-in? I often wonder if leaving the bone in helps with that aspect?

They were not as juicy as I would have liked but I didn't brine them and I didn't marinade themas long as I would have liked. They were probably overcooked some too. Even though it may look like it, they weren't burnt though.

We have turned in "skinless and boneless" chicken twice.
Both times we scored at about the 50% level. Better than half but not as good as the other half!

I think next time we will leave off the skin but leave the bone in. Judges just like to see the bone I guess.

Well I judged in Lincoln City, OR with a couple CBBQA folks and they didn't seem too wimpy! But a box of boneless thighs crossed our table and they looked and tasted very good! Skin was wrapped and they all looked even, very moist and tender. Two boxes of legs also passed by and one of them were very good.

Brian

Well I judged in Lincoln City, OR with a couple CBBQA folks and they didn't seem too wimpy! But a box of boneless thighs crossed our table and they looked and tasted very good! Skin was wrapped and they all looked even, very moist and tender. Two boxes of legs also passed by and one of them were very good.

Brian

How did they score?

Back