Best Time To Look For Sponsors?

its a working relationship that matters - lots of teams are so busy that they dont have time to provide feed back on a product while others are willing to send all kinds of feed back on a product and they actually do it! Look at the sponsor you are approaching - if its an established brand like Kraft or some national brand- they just want their name out there. But for small start ups who have less money to spend - we want to know why we should invest our hard earned money in your team or why we should give you product. We cant afford to do to much other then provide product and even then its a big expense - hanging a banner just isnt enough for us. What do you bring to the table>
Mojobricks is our brand - we gave product out to several teams all of those teams finished far better then the previous year. Has it made a difference - giving product to a team or would we be better off spending our money elsewhere? - what do you have to offer a brand?

What folks are saying in this thread is dead on - successful sponsorships are rooted in how you present yourself and your team. For example, one of the first things most potential sponsors will do after you approach them is do some online research. When they Google you, what will they find?

Since the sponsor is essentially hiring you to be a spokesperson for their company, everything you do and say publicly is important, and since the Internet never forgets, you will be accountable for your actions of ten years ago as much as what you did this morning.

I got some of the best advice in this area from Troy Black years ago when I asked him about his major sponsor of the time, Southern Living. He told me the magazine would be perfectly satisfied if he didn't turn in a thing at contests as long as he displayed the branded trailer and interacted with the public.

As cooks we tend to get focused on what is most important to us, but if you are going to attract and hold sponsors you must concentrate on what is important to them.

Talk about timing, I just posted a similar question. Wasn't sure where exactly it belonged, so I threw it into Catering. Hopefully an admin will move over here. thanks!

Back