THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titch unfortunately counterbalances are just too small to be worth a real hoot. I like the vice grip idea...more weight

Thankfully now me using the Octoforks the food can be better balanced outright so there's no real need for a counter balance. My counter balances are sitting unused in a drawer ready to go just in case they are ever needed though.

I have 5 lb counterweights, full lambs and pigs are not easy to balance
The small ones are handy for those that don't have octoforks.
I thought we were talking general , not your sales pitch:doh:
My apologies for intruding

I have 5 lb counterweights, full lambs and pigs are not easy to balance
The small ones are handy for those that don't have octoforks.
I thought we were talking general , not your sales pitch:doh:
My apologies for intruding

No I'm just glad I haven't had to use them lately ( no sales pitch) My point is it's nice to be able to balance better outright ...there's not squat around for regular grills which was one of my biggest pet peeves, they are just too tiny and light to do any real good.

I'd love to see some that are bigger than just a few ounces.

For bigger whole animals I'd imagine you'd need 5 lbers unless the motor was beefier enough.

=

The ring doesn't give a tight fight around the kettle, there is noticeable gaps between the ring and the kettle.
aawa, ya know I'd never think those gaps would be a issue but CB owner told me most people HATE those gaps. I do suppose if people want low slow temps it could make a bit of a difference.

I have multiple spits and motors
My weber original is a one piece rod and seems good quality
Buy once and don't cry
The MOST important thing with all spit motors no matter the size is balance.Thats my honest opinion
I assume you can buy small spit counter balances over there?
I have used vice grips, both small and large when I have been stuck.
I've used Vicegrips or C-clamps, never seen a manufactured counterbalance.

RSC. Performer & Weber rotisserie. It was good.

PICT1491_zpsef79fxgt.jpg

PICT1492_zpsocthr9bv.jpg

I've used Vicegrips or C-clamps, never seen a manufactured counterbalance.

Here you go.
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Rotisserie-Counter-Balance-RCB-B/dp/B007JWFBNI"]Amazon.com : Gas or Charcoal Grill Rotisserie Spit Counter Balance Weight RCB-B : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]
any motor can be made smoother if balanced correctly.
motor grunt is less an issue.
just like balancing a motor or tyres.
I have a few differing weights. spit cooking over here is much more popular than low and slow

Here you go.
Amazon.com : Gas or Charcoal Grill Rotisserie Spit Counter Balance Weight RCB-B : Patio, Lawn & Garden
any motor can be made smoother if balanced correctly.
motor grunt is less an issue.
just like balancing a motor or tyres.
I have a few differing weights. spit cooking over here is much more popular than low and slow
I think I have something like that in my junk parts bin. You know, the things you don't throw out because it must be usable for something.

aawa, ya know I'd never think those gaps would be a issue but CB owner told me most people HATE those gaps. I do suppose if people want low slow temps it could make a bit of a difference.

The only reason why I don't like it, is that I can't leave it on my kettle when I snuff out the fire, and also for storage. I hate it when random stuff gets in the kettle between cooks.

This one does away with the clips and maybe the gap.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Universal-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie/dp/B01H19QSOY/ref=sr_1_24?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1478958274&sr=1-24&keywords=onlyfire"]Amazon.com : Onlyfire Universal Stainless Steel Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie Ring Kit for Weber 2290 and Other Models : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Where did you get this basket for the rotisserie?

OneGrill.

I don't particularly like it, but there really isn't a lot of choice out there. Seems like a lot of vendors selling the same thing.
The spit runs through the bottom of the basket. I would prefer it to go under.
It's a one size fits all design regarding spits and the brackets/tabs are thin metal.
So if you have a 5/16" spit.... it wallows around in a big square hole & the thumb screws tend to slip off the spit when tightening. Once you get the thumb screws tightened down, the flimsy metal tabs bend.

It's a cheap disposable basket, imho. Use it for a while & give it a toss.

Hopefully, there will be one on the market that's better designed in the future. I really don't want to buy another one of these.

Fwismoker posted a "fix" for the thumb screws somewhere on this board. It helps.

Last edited:
Back