Best mat to go under grill?

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bill Bryant
What's the best mat to go under a grill on a deck or patio?

I’ve tried a bunch over the years and have settled on ‘the original grill pad’... available at big home improvement box stores... last LONG time, strurdy, easy to wash/pressure wash... made well. I must have 7 on my deck under various coolers right now... I keep one out free to move to whichever I’m cooking on for prep area/splash zone as well... not the cheapest not the most expensive but I’m still using the 1st one from ~2010

Attachments

• 9B3186AF-8DF4-4B9A-A56D-B7CD648AEDB9.jpg
    9B3186AF-8DF4-4B9A-A56D-B7CD648AEDB9.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 3179E4B2-26EB-4C0A-939F-CF6E9D09E3E6.jpg
    3179E4B2-26EB-4C0A-939F-CF6E9D09E3E6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Bbq mat from atbbq is actually fire rated. They work quite well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Timely question for me. I will be buying some horse stall mats...
We are in a drought, Driest it'sever been in my 37 years. I stupidly cooked with charcoal last night and when I dumped my coals I had a couple embers fall onto the deck and through the cracks..100% leaves underneath my deck, haven't done that spring yardwork yet. Needless to say I was dumping water through the cracks. Never have I had to worry about this before. I could care less about burning my deck. Need rain, starting to look like dust bowl era on the plains. Gotta get food plots in for deer!

Timely question for me. I will be buying some horse stall mats...
We are in a drought, Driest it'sever been in my 37 years. I stupidly cooked with charcoal last night and when I dumped my coals I had a couple embers fall onto the deck and through the cracks..100% leaves underneath my deck, haven't done that spring yardwork yet. Needless to say I was dumping water through the cracks. Never have I had to worry about this before. I could care less about burning my deck. Need rain, starting to look like dust bowl era on the plains. Gotta get food plots in for deer!

Heck man put some water buckets out with wet wicks. Perfect plot there.

Back