Best KCBS Reps and Why

I gotta put a vote in for George and Donna Baroody. How they admin a contest should be taught at rep school. They're pro active, always prepared and they don't just hide in the judge's tent except for one lap through the teams on Saturday morning. They are always around and available.

I guess we're just real lucky in the south. The Brazier's, the Poland's, the Harwell's, the Reid's, and the Bigler's are all good to work with as a cook and a judge. Throw in an occasional Richard Preston and a Ron Cato and we just tend to have well run contests.
And, not to be forgotten, Mike and Theresa Lake are doing an excellent job with the Sam's Club tour.

Rich and Bunny Tuttle, who seem to do a lot in the KC through St. Louis corridor, are fantastic. They've always created a great experience.

The same can be said about Phil and Rosemary Morrow. Class acts.

+1 for Rich & Bunny! I have only judged 1 contest they repped, but have helped and observed at 2 cbj classes they taught, Bunny is a hoot, lol. They also cooked at the contest I help the organizer with, again a lot of fun to be around.

It appears from what is being said about reps, that there are a LOT of good ones out there. Just like most other things you seem to only hear about the bad ones, the good ones just keep doing their jobs.

Kelly & Kathleen McIntosh get my vote.

Another vote for the McIntosh's. Their "Southwest Sort" should be the standard for assigning judges to tables. It's by far the best way to distribute the experience at tables. They're up to date on everything (including the chatter on the forums!), and they even provide special recognition (adult beverage of your choice) to judges on their 30th contest.

I would think it'd be a good idea for a Sticky here for Brethren approved KCBS rep list.

With very rare exception I think all of the reps do a good job. Traveling from Coast to coast I have met a lot of them and they are really fantastic people. They should all be held to the same standard. I don't think there should ever be much difference in how they treat teams from one set to another.

This thread has made me smile all the way thru it!

Three cheers for something uplifting and positive.

I have some bias here- the Londeens were judges for me before they became reps. I really like them as people, so it is very easy for me to rank them as great as reps.

Ron and Dena filled in for the Londeens for us this year so Dave and Virginia could go to the twins high school graduation, and the transition was seamless. Lots of fun to be around, and really know their stuff, and the teams like them.

Also Don Harwell is on my list. A true southern gentleman with an easy going way of keeping everything under control and everybody happy.

Never had a contest experience with the McIntosh's. But when we get together at annual banquet the past few years we have a great conversation, and I have learned much and gotten good ideas from them.

Reps can either make an organizers job easier, or harder. The ones I have named make it a pleasure to work together on a contest.

And thanks to the OP (original poster) for starting a good positive thread!

Back