Best gloves?

For handling food I use Best Black Knight gloves. You can find them on Amazon, at Graingers, and any safety supply company. The Texas BBQ Rub site sells them as well.

There is a reason why the SR gloves are cheap. They don't work very well and the insides will get really nasty. You will likely throw them away within a year. I have tried many gloves and methods and below is what I found works best:

1. Buy nitrile gloves, I prefer black (not sure why, maybe they look cool?). These are useful for food prep and post cook. During the cook I prefer to use a clean dedicated cotton hand towel to handle hot items in the cooking chamber.
2. Buy Cotton gloves that fit under the nitriles, multi-packs of painters gloves are a great option. These are used post cook and washable.
3. For Fire management- leather gloves are best, the hotter the fire the thicker the glove/insulation.

Good luck!

I have been using AYL silicone gloves for about one year now. The only thing I don't like about these gloves is the lack of colors. I wish they had a black pair of gloves instead of the neon green.
Apart from the color, it has been a great experience so far.

For me, I've used these for the past two years. I accidentally had a knife slip and nicked around the wrist which hasn't affected the operability, but it does let water in when I wash. I try to keep the insides dry because I had one pair of another gloves get mildewy years ago when they got wet. These are NOT SLICK! They're ribbed (for my pleasure?) and food stays in your hands. They're for food, not fire.
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Griller-Resistant-Cooking-Textured/dp/B00K1L9SAG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480539081&sr=8-1&keywords=bbq+gloves+artisan+griller"]Amazon.com : Artisan Griller Heat Resistant BBQ, Smoker, Grill, Oven and Cooking Gloves With Textured Palms, 1 pair : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

For hot grates and tools near the fire (pans, CI skillets, etc) I use the Ove Glove. But any of the heavy knit gloves, I think, will do. you can throw these in the wash.

I bought a pair of the silicone gloves once. I think they're in a box someplace in the garage. Don't waste your money.

For fire, I use my firefighter gloves which are highly resistant to heat, but very expensive. Shelby's are the biggest brand, running about $100, depending on features. If you need true fire gloves, look for the words "NFPA rated" and "Structural" -- they'll withstand much higher heat.

"Rescue" gloves are basically advanced workgloves -- better dexterity, but not much heat resistance.

"Wildland" gloves are closer to Rescue Gloves, sort of in-between the two, but don't have the high heat-resistance.

There is a reason why the SR gloves are cheap. They don't work very well and the insides will get really nasty. You will likely throw them away within a year. I have tried many gloves and methods and below is what I found works best:

1. Buy nitrile gloves, I prefer black (not sure why, maybe they look cool?). These are useful for food prep and post cook. During the cook I prefer to use a clean dedicated cotton hand towel to handle hot items in the cooking chamber.
2. Buy Cotton gloves that fit under the nitriles, multi-packs of painters gloves are a great option. These are used post cook and washable.
3. For Fire management- leather gloves are best, the hotter the fire the thicker the glove/insulation.

Good luck!

Agree on the nitrile, great for handling food whether it's hot or cold. If hot I like to layer with a pair of string knit gloves that are $3 for 6 pairs from harbor freight. I have a pair of the thick rubber insulated BBQ gloves that I use occasionally as well. It is nice to have one less thing to clean sometimes though and be able to just throw away the nitrile gloves.

Steve Raichlen $7.39. http://www.target.com/p/steve-raich...gclid=CIL8h7jizNACFYg7gQodE0YCUQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I love mine

I have the Raichlen gloves. They work great for food handling, but get very slick and are hard to remove at times.

I don't love dem gloves. I have a pair and I find them to be sticky and they have melted on me from touching the grate pulling out meat. I personally I'd say there are better options

These are on sale today for another 3 hours....

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Griller-Insulated-Cooking-Barbecue/dp/B0195U1QJ4/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_bb19_9e4c025f?smid=A2F5GDJVICG9DB&pf_rd_p=41fd713f-6bfe-4299-a021-d2b94872bb19&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=W2TFWPEV9FJSK621M51T"]Amazon.com : Artisan Griller Insulated Cooking Gloves for Barbecue Grill & Fry, 17-Inch : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Back