THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armed with a BigSteelKeg :first:I will do anything you can do, but better and more, and I'll do things you just cannot even think about with a weber.:cop:

Somebody's gotta represent the egg heads around here right. I'm positive I could load up my egg with lump, get her to 225*, go on vacation for a day and come home to a grill still running 225* and not have the house burned down. In the winter no less. Not to mention having enough lump left to do a pizza or 2 at 600*. Try that in a kettle or WSM. I'm not knocking the others, i'm actually looking to pick up a kettle, i'm just sayin'. The biggest drawback to my egg is portability, I never want to move that farker again.

Everybody here is gonna pick their own cooker as the best overall. Of course! If they didn't think theirs was the best, they'd have never picked it in the first place. But that's why I've got to agree with Bucc. Here's why you need a Keg. Roll it around on wheels, slip it into the hitch on the back of your vehicle, and go anywhere you want. It does all the things the Egg can do, and moving it's a breeze, too. Loooove my Keg! :becky:

I've got a variety of smokers, and each has its strong and weak points. I've always liked my 26.75" Weber for it's versatility, durability, transport-ability, and capacity. Now that I have the Smoke-EZ conversion kit, I LOVE it! It is certainly one of the most versatile cooking machines out there.

Back