Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Beltway BBQ Showdown, Upper Marlboro MD

Well be there Saturday morning. Looking forward to it once again.
New venue this year. It should be pretty nice.
Sal - glad to see you can make it. See ya there.

I was thinking the same thing, I don't recall the proceeds assisting any charity.... so I wonder where all the money is going.

it is a good question. last year the event was top notch!!kinda wondering what they are gonna do this year with the extra $$$$$.....?last year they had free ice and every thing, I am sure jonathan will pull a couple of rabbits out of his hat.....

Can't wait!

I will be there. Andy might come in for a cameo but basically I am doing this one solo. Hope I get a spot near the turn-in tent!

Brett

prize payout:
Prize Purse: $4,000.00 + Trophies

$850 Grand Prize Champ
$575 Reserve Champ
$225 Four 1st Place Winners
$175 Four 2nd Place Winners
$125 Four 3rd Place Winners
$75 Four 4th Place Winners
$50 Four 5th Place Winners

FYI
40 lbs bag of ice - $6.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA BBQ PIRATES
I also heard about 4K in prize money. Seems like a big turn out for such little money

I was thinking the same thing, I don't recall the proceeds assisting any charity.... so I wonder where all the money is going.

In the past, any proceeds went to support the programs at the county rec center that sponsors the events. I was hoping the prize pool would be a bit higher this year. Last year, the event got A LOT of exposure at the local level which I thought would help translate into finding sponsors which has been problematic for this competition and why the prize pool is subpar.
The reason it draws teams is because it's a state championship which makes it a qualifier for the Jack, AR, etc.

I'm coming down to Judge...

I have heard that this was a nice event last year and that they were in need of judges this year.... so I am heading down!

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday! Good luck to all..... :icon_cool

Andy
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
MABA Board Member

I have heard that this was a nice event last year and that they were in need of judges this year.... so I am heading down!

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday! Good luck to all..... :icon_cool

Andy
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
MABA Board Member

It is a nice event and the weather is looking much nicer than last year when the temps were well over 100. It was 121 in the judges tent :eek:. It should be in the low 80's this Sunday :-D See ya there Andy!!

I'll be there to judge or table captain or whatever. I'm in DC this week and staying over for the contest. Hope to meet some of you farkers there and visit with some of you I have already met before.

Whats a guy got to do to get a Sledcast around here?:icon_smil:eusa_clap

Maybe I shouldnt ask.:shock:

:lol:

3 Eyz BBQ GC
BBQ Guru RGC
Dizzy Pig 3rd

Congrats to all that walked. 3 Eyz 1st place chicken and ribs. The double Dans ROCKED. Dizzy Pig 1st Place ribs, wtg Chris and crew. The PH was a hit again.
WTG Sal for your brisket call!
Had a downpour Sat night around midnight, rivers of fun.

What a good time we had. EVEN IN THE RAIN! One thing about fighting fires is they happen in all kind of weather. So I think we are used to that kind of crap. We are kind of disappointed with our finish. Not sure why, but hope we can step it up a few notches in DC in 2 weeks.

Gald to meet some new and visit with some old. Hell we missed the "LUCKY SHOT" Sunday morning. Maybe that's what happen.

Brett get job flying solo. Congrats to 3 EYZ, The Guru, and The Pigs!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I'll be there to judge or table captain or whatever. I'm in DC this week and staying over for the contest. Hope to meet some of you farkers there and visit with some of you I have already met before.

Glad you stopped by to say "HI".

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Back