THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Avenger

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
My smoker is cleaned, wood is split, new batteries in the temp probes, 3 racks of baby backs and a pork shoulder are marinating in the fridge. My alarm is set for 5:30 AM in anticipation for an epic Memorial Day feast. Today is my first day off in a couple weeks though, and I also have a bunch of beer marinating in the fridge :mrgreen: I can't be the only one that struggles to find the right balance of "beer today, smoke tomorrow." I guess we'll see which temptation was stronger in a few hours.:boxing:

I feel your pain.We are working tomorrow so neither one for me but dad-gum-it that cooler full of beer looks good to me right now.Let them eat pimento cheese sammichies,go for the beer!

I always rub my meat the night before. And I don't mean that in a dirty way. Or do I........

Rub your meat anytime it needs rubbed.
It helps to relax the meat, and it absorbs the flavors.
As for the beer, what the heck? Beer is not just for Breakfast anymore!
About one an hour seems to be my normal pace.
When it's all gone, it's time to buy more. :wink:

Back