Beef short ribs here in Japan-PRON

COS

is one Smokin' Farker
There's a lot of birthdays here during the thanksgiving week so we combined everything into one day. We had my wife's parents and her sisters family over. Beef short ribs were the choice of meat for the cook, and maybe the last for a while. The price is pretty high here, almost 30.00 more. Made my own rub, sort of Texas style. I decided to wrap this time with butcher paper to get a little softer bark. First time cutting all the fat cap off, even the thin membrane under the fat.

Here is the ribs got rubbed down and resting

Hour into the cook

Two hours in

About 4 hrs in and about to wrap

Time to wrap

Now I wasn't able to get a money sliced shot. This shot is what is left and after everybody left.

I do have one rib left, maybe I'll take picture of later tonight.
Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Nice bones, COS!

Some nice color and marbling on those.

Thanks. Let me know how much your paying down there, or anybody else for that matter. 6.00 a pound seems to be a lot more than last time.

Thanks everyone. I think I got my pit figured out almost. Bottom of my ribs didn't get burnt, clean fire and smoke throughout. It did get a bit sloppy at the end, splits were getting a bit bigger. I did learn a few things on this cook.

COS,

Per your request, as I hit the commissary on the way home from the office:

I grabbed a picture of the only two types of beef ribs I could find in the case. Hope this helps.

2015-12-01%2016.29.56_zpsbxavaxit.jpg

2015-12-01%2016.30.02_zpsi8aplkxi.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: COS
COS,

Per your request, as I hit the commissary on the way home from the office:

I grabbed a picture of the only two types of beef ribs I could find in the case. Hope this helps.

2015-12-01%2016.29.56_zpsbxavaxit.jpg

2015-12-01%2016.30.02_zpsi8aplkxi.jpg

Thanks, my store has it 3.00 more than yours, bastards. I might have to bring that up. Right now it's a little over 7.00 a pound here for the short ribs.

Back