THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pull_my_butt

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm doing my first beef ribs today and need some insight. I'm doing beef short ribs (individually cut already) and beef spare ribs (also cut already). So, I guess that throws the bend test out the window.

Do ya'll do them just like pork ribs? Do they take longer/shorter or same amount of time to cook than pork ribs?

Thanks.

Do ya'll do them just like pork ribs? Do they take longer/shorter or same amount of time to cook than pork ribs?

No. Yes.

:becky:

I've never cooked them cut into individual ribs, but I treat them more like a brisket as far as seasoning, etc. For cook time, it really depends on how much meat they have. I cook them until probe tender like a brisket.

I have never cooked spare ribs cut. The ones I have cooked I would not have tried to cook cut as there was not a lot of meat there. If you have a meaty set I think that would probably be fine. Just like pork ribs, you need to remove the membrane. I would also trim any excess fat if you can. I try to cook them like a brisket. Close in temp/probe tender. Just takes less time to get there. I have done them both foiled and unfoiled, use your personal preference.

Back