Beef Prices????

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
I don't know if you guys are seeing it, but here in central AL, beef prices are through the roof. I used to be able to get chuck roasts for $1.99/lb, sirloin steaks for $2.99/lb and ribeyes for $5.99/lb. My latest Winn Dixie ad has chuck roasts on sale for $3.99/lb. Ribeyes have been on sale for $9.99/lb. ON SALE?!?!?!?! Pork, poultry and fish prices are still reasonable, but not beef. Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Yep, noticed the same thing, everything seems to have jumped about 50% in the last couple months.

Food across the board is inflating. Too bad Uncle Sam doesn't figure food into "official" inflation numbers...see we are burning our food now (corn)...lunacy.

Off soap box now

It has been getting kind of crazy for awhile. Not to long ago I read that pork was coming down, I guess they have not read the same report I did because I have not seen much of a drop in price for quit sometime.
Dave

I read an article back a bit that was saying beef gonna skyrocket up due to drought in Texas....Been waiting for pork to drop for months but figured small population here allowed distributors to sell crap at inflated prices...Godd news is Im proud owner of a new foodsaver and will be doing lots of specials smoking

Not just beef up here, it's all meats. With farms dropping the number of animals they are raising, it's all going up, and this is just the beginning. Most of my cheap beef (supermarket) is now a product of Mexico and it tastes like chit, but I can't afford the more expensive certified angus or the butcher shop prices.

Yep, and I also noticed that the Wal-Mart over in the "pricey" side of town had prices that were CONSIDERABLY higher than the smaller Wal-Mart about 15 miles out. What's up with that? Wal-Mart don't price match themselves either. I have done called their hand on that. How can you advertise that you price match when you don't even price match yourself?

Ridiculous.

Bluehawg,

They have to pricematch. My wife takes in flyers from other stores all the time and they have to match. You can simply tell them that their butts/ribs/brisket etc is sold for lower elsewhere and they will give you the lower price.

Bluehawg,

They have to pricematch. My wife takes in flyers from other stores all the time and they have to match. You can simply tell them that their butts/ribs/brisket etc is sold for lower elsewhere and they will give you the lower price.
Yeah, that's what I thought too, until I tried it. I was told that just because the other wal-mart had it for a different price didn't mean that they had to price match since the other wal-mart was not a "competitor"... Same thing when I tried to get them to price match their online price with the store price since the online store price was cheaper than what the instore price was and to no avail...

commie kissers.

I just picked up a Sterling Silver USDA Prime packer brisket at Sam's yesterday for $2.48/lb. I was thrilled at that price. I'm cooking it right now, and pron should follow.

I got a place that I was quoted 1.49~2.15/lb for packer brisket the other day. Only catch is that I have to get more than one. Dang. I would hate to have to stock up on briskets... :p

Only reason I didn't snag some the other day was because I didn't have the necessary funds on me. I got youngins... and they are expensive to maintain.

Think I should own stock in the local "Children's Clinic." Snotty noses is down right ridiculously priced these days.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, until I tried it. I was told that just because the other wal-mart had it for a different price didn't mean that they had to price match since the other wal-mart was not a "competitor"... Same thing when I tried to get them to price match their online price with the store price since the online store price was cheaper than what the instore price was and to no avail...

commie kissers.

I tried to price match another wally world and the checker said they can't do that, then she said " tell me safeway has it for that price" I did and she rand it up for that price.:clap2:

I tried to price match another wally world and the checker said they can't do that, then she said " tell me safeway has it for that price" I did and she rand it up for that price.:clap2:

Just like Forrest Gump said..........

"Mama said it was just a little white lie.....won't hurt nobody." :pray:

Back