THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECB

Knows what a fatty is.
It's been a while since I made beef plate(dino) ribs and just had a quick question on serving them.

I have like 6 people coming and only 3 bones(I have a bunch of other meats so this isn't meant to be a solo protein source)

How is it best to serve this? I saw a video where they removed the membrane and then when it was cooked removed the bones and sliced it. Has anyone ever done this?

I remember there being another rubbery membrane between the bones and the meat so I'm not sure how that'd work.

Any ideas would be great.

I recently have been doing it like David Chang does his "APL" ribs in his Majordomo restaurant:
smoke the 3 bones whole - with membrane & all
slice 1/4'' thick slices on a bias (45 degree angle), starting from the thickest part on top.
arrange slices nicely on a plate. Serve with lettuce cups, kimchi, pickles, etc. and/or with rice.

That should feed all 6 people with only 3 ribs and make everyone full

I recently have been doing it like David Chang does his "APL" ribs in his Majordomo restaurant:
smoke the 3 bones whole - with membrane & all
slice 1/4'' thick slices on a bias (45 degree angle), starting from the thickest part on top.
arrange slices nicely on a plate. Serve with lettuce cups, kimchi, pickles, etc. and/or with rice.

That should feed all 6 people with only 3 ribs and make everyone full
Thanks. I'll have to try and find some pics. I can't quite picture how that'd work!

This is the video I mentioned. If you go to 17:20 he slices it almost like a brisket
https://youtu.be/zc3J4pSYJcs

Side note but I love David Chang's "milk bar". Lol

My crew demands a rib a piece. Sis in law can knock out 1 1/2!
I got so much food haha I got this 6lb prime plate ribs, 4 racks of stl ribs and a prime tri tip... Always go overboard because you never know who might drop by.

We debone after cooking, cut in half ,then arrange arround the bones .
No one has winged yet, you can leave a bit on the bone for chew if you like

Thats when sharing for more than one bone each allows

Last edited:
Back