Beef plate rib question.

ECB

Knows what a fatty is.
It's been a while since I made beef plate(dino) ribs and just had a quick question on serving them.

I have like 6 people coming and only 3 bones(I have a bunch of other meats so this isn't meant to be a solo protein source)

How is it best to serve this? I saw a video where they removed the membrane and then when it was cooked removed the bones and sliced it. Has anyone ever done this?

I remember there being another rubbery membrane between the bones and the meat so I'm not sure how that'd work.

Any ideas would be great.

I recently have been doing it like David Chang does his "APL" ribs in his Majordomo restaurant:
smoke the 3 bones whole - with membrane & all
slice 1/4'' thick slices on a bias (45 degree angle), starting from the thickest part on top.
arrange slices nicely on a plate. Serve with lettuce cups, kimchi, pickles, etc. and/or with rice.

That should feed all 6 people with only 3 ribs and make everyone full

I recently have been doing it like David Chang does his "APL" ribs in his Majordomo restaurant:
smoke the 3 bones whole - with membrane & all
slice 1/4'' thick slices on a bias (45 degree angle), starting from the thickest part on top.
arrange slices nicely on a plate. Serve with lettuce cups, kimchi, pickles, etc. and/or with rice.

That should feed all 6 people with only 3 ribs and make everyone full
Thanks. I'll have to try and find some pics. I can't quite picture how that'd work!

This is the video I mentioned. If you go to 17:20 he slices it almost like a brisket
https://youtu.be/zc3J4pSYJcs

Side note but I love David Chang's "milk bar". Lol

My crew demands a rib a piece. Sis in law can knock out 1 1/2!
I got so much food haha I got this 6lb prime plate ribs, 4 racks of stl ribs and a prime tri tip... Always go overboard because you never know who might drop by.

We debone after cooking, cut in half ,then arrange arround the bones .
No one has winged yet, you can leave a bit on the bone for chew if you like

Thats when sharing for more than one bone each allows

Last edited:
Back