THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
A good problem to have. Tacos, quesadillas, burrito, barbacados?? My part of the world fresh avacado is a crap shoot between awful and perfect. However at Rosa's their guacamole has always been excellent. Not much more to get large chips with a pint of guac and a pint of salsa than to gamble on Haas. Semi home made beef cheek burrito with a healthy lime squeeze.

Last edited:
Cooked in The Oklahoma Joe Bronco overnight. Lump coal with a split of hickory. Next morning added a beer to aluminum foil pan with smoked cheeks,covered tight and set oven to lowest setting. 175-80

In the beginning:
Cheeks were removed from package, seasoned, and placed gnarly skin side down. Bronco temp gauge was about 250. Zero trimming. Meat fall apart from the skin anyway, and makes a grand heat shield

Chuds BBQ has an excellent 12 minutes YouTube video on beef cheek.
Saw your lineup, WSM should work perfectly as well PBC

Last edited:
Cooked in The Oklahoma Joe Bronco overnight. Lump coal with a split of hickory. Next morning added a beer to aluminum foil pan with smoked cheeks,covered tight and set oven to lowest setting. 175-80

In the beginning:
Cheeks were removed from package, seasoned, and placed gnarly skin side down. Bronco temp gauge was about 250. Zero trimming. Meat fall apart from the skin anyway, and makes a grand heat shield

Chuds BBQ has an excellent 12 minutes YouTube video on beef sheek.
Saw your lineup, WSM should work perfectly as well PBC

Thanks! Will definitely give this a go.

Amen, and Amen!

I completely agree on the avocado / guac front... even at our local Meximart! I'd almost rather pay for the premade stuff and guarantee it's good vs. cutting into a seemingly good haas only to have it be complete bollocks.

You're really starting to steer (get it? :roll:) me toward this for Sunday family dinner or something closer to birria with a finish in the IP and a bit more liquid.

It's been a long while since I last had a moment to smoke anything.

Back