THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I just finished James Beard's book, "Beard on Food."

Anyone else read it? What a fantastic book? I know it's been around for quite some time, but I just got a copy.

This book should be required reading for anyone interested in cooking.

Thoughts?

Your title almost made me vomit in my mouth!:eek:
That topping was not my #1 go to topping for pizza!:biggrin:
Sorry but I have not read it. I may have a go at it soon.

James Beard goes alongside Julia Child, he helped give American cooking an "identity". i bet he would love what we do here.

Maybe I should read that.

Definitely a "must read". I am a big fan of James Beard and have read most, if not all his books.
He, Julia Child, and Craig Claiborne WERE the triumvirate that shaped the identity of American Cooking.

I read BEARD ON FOOD long ago and passed my copy along to someone else. I did not know it had been reprinted. I need to re-read it.

One of my other favorites of his is THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF GOOD COOKING.

Originally published in 1977, it is a technique book, based on his cooking classes, and he goes through the various cooking methods and gets real hands-on.

Thanks for bringing this up, Larry

Forgot all about Craig Claiborne!
I have a neat Craig Claiborne book-Craig Claiborne's Memorable Meals.
If you ever see it, its worth a read.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought Amanda Beard but then I saw it was in Qtalk :cry:

Then Beard On Food it is. I will go down to my used book store down the street and start raiding the food section kind of like I pilage through the meat counter at Raley's Supermarket!:shock::shock::mrgreen:

Back